This would depend upon the purpose you want to put the fence for. It could be:
- Wind Break
- Prevent intruders
- Habitat for pollinators
- Prevent erosion and soil stabilization
- Prevent noise pollution
Now the choice of plant for bio-fencing would depend upon
- Geography and climate
- Type of crop
Things you need to consider are:
- Is it trailing or free-sanding
- Water and nutrient requirement
- Pattern of growth (slow or vigorous)
- Flowering pattern
- Should not be an alternate host
- Should not be an invasive species.
Some common plants are Shoe flower (China Rose), Bougainvillea, Nerium oleander(Kaner) and Crepe jasmine (Chandni) if the purpose is beautification.
Hawthorn (नागफनी), Euphorbia (त्रिधारा) and Peruvian cactus for arid regions.
Carissa carandas (करौंदा ), Capparis decidua (खैर या करील ) Parkinsonia aculeata for man animal barrier.